DTH (Direct to Home) received new guidelines to distribute TV connections with following TRAI (Telecommunication Regulation Authority of India) rules. The Agency applied new rule on DTH that is the company will necessary to complete KYC (Know you customer) if any one need to get new DTH Connection.
All existing users those were 7.24 Crores in March 2019 who are getting profits from DTH service. They also have time limit of 2 years to do DTH KYC to run their set up box continue. This is general update by TRAI which is too similar to purchase new sim card.
Trai has introduce this rules for DTH strictly to improve users safe intertainment and secure cinema enjoy. They are punching frauds and irrelevant activities, those are done by some people – some time. TRAI wants to full control on users behavior to support their purchase / sell / transfer location / recharge knowledge to maintain nations history records.
Direct to Home (DTH) was started its service in 2001 in India. Lots of people are involved into this services and their strength in crores. According to TRAI previously guidelines they are changed their manual machine into setup box. But agency was only require a general form fill by its costumer and they its service person will reach to address of buyers end and install the setup box. But now company is set rule compulsory to take KYC of the users.
DTH KYC Registration Process
For new users, DTH will require minimum documents and things are, a user must submit their running phone number along registration form. They will receive an OTP to complete their DTH KYC Procedure. If they have not phone number then company will require ID Proof for connection owner.
For Old Users, current users how are not done their KYC for TV setup box they have two years time limit to do DTH KYC. People just visit to dth service providers nearest service point and submit mobile number and OTP or you can also deposit a photocopy of original ID Proof. ID will be approve if you have same name in your DTH connection registration.
Documents or other things that are required for dth kyc for regular run your TV. The TRAI is going to stop your TV Connection if you has not full fill the KYC till now. So do it first to enjoy TV Regular.
- Phone number / cell phone is primary thing to get KYC easy and fast way. They will sent a OTP code and provide it to your service distributer to complete know your customer rules.
- If you have not any phone number of KYC then submit one PHOTO copy of ID Proof like (Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Passport etc.)
How to do DTH KYC Online
- Users have to visit their nearest DTH Connection Providers Service Point.
- Tell them about your DTH registration / customer number.
- Ask them about your DTH KYC Status if it is pending
- Then complete KYC using above methods to enjoy DTH TV Channels without stop the service.